The church gets to tell powerful stories every single week. Furthermore, as creatives we harness a craft that can cut through the noise of culture and invite people into God’s greater story in incredible ways. In this pre-conference workshop, you’ll study the arc of story, the filmmaking process from storyboarding to final export, and the various techniques that go into phenomenal storytelling. This class will cover narrative-based story and will also include practical ways to use conflict and resolve in testimonial videos and highlights to better engage your community.
- What does it mean to be a storyteller?
- Demystify the process of storytelling and filmmaking
- Walk into the next story and answer 3 questions
- Why is this a good story to tell?
- How are we going to tell it?
- What tools are we going to use to connect this story to an audience?
- Module 1 (Current Video)
- Module 2 – What is a Storyteller?
- Module 3 – Developing a Storyteller’s Point of View
- Module 4 – “The Light of Failure” [Case Study]
- Module 5 – Thought Process Over Production Process
- Module 6 – “Brent and Elizabeth’s Story” [Case Study]
- Module 7 – Developing a Story
- Module 8 – 3 Essential Elements of the Story
- Module 9 – Assess the Story
- Module 10 – Framing up a Story
- Module 11 – The Interview
- Module 12 – “Krista’s Story” [Case Study]
- Module 13 – Storytelling Resources and Downloads
- Module 14 – Filmmaking Overview
- Module 15 – Production in Filmmaking
- Module 16 – Dialing In and Matching Cameras
- Module 17 – Shooting B-Roll
- Module 18 – Useful Apps for Filmmakers
- Module 19 – Post-Production
- Module 20 – Final Observation on Storytelling
PRODUCER’S NOTE: Apologies for the low audio quality during the first 1:30 minutes of the video.